World Cup

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

World Cup

Post  niall on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:28 am

so, who's gonna win? Brazil for me
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  clagan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:39 am

Viva Espana!

the best team in the world.

the list of players ruled out gets bigger everyday, thats Nani just ruled out too. looks like Robbens going to be ok though.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  Green2thecore on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:47 am

Spain will win it but I'm supporting Argentina.

Argentina have the best players but will Diego utilise them? I doubt it. It's such a crime that he did not select Cambiasso. And Milito, the man of the moment is not guaranteed a start. As much as I love Diego, you have to say the guy is fucking bonkers. Too much charlie has mangled his brain.
avatar
Green2thecore

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-06-07
Location : Glasgow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  clagan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:55 am

no call up for Cambiasso or 136 time capped, european cup winning captain Javier Zannetti. maradona's a clown and if Argentina win it'll be down to the gifted players not the manager.

bizarre choice of manager and i think they're missing out on their best chance to win a WC since 86 because of it.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  niall on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:56 am

Green2thecore wrote:Spain will win it but I'm supporting Argentina.

Argentina have the best players but will Diego utilise them? I doubt it. It's such a crime that he did not select Cambiasso. And Milito, the man of the moment is not guaranteed a start. As much as I love Diego, you have to say the guy is fucking bonkers. Too much charlie has mangled his brain.

he's the reason why i dont think argentina will win it. Pity
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  Green2thecore on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:09 am

niall wrote:
Green2thecore wrote:Spain will win it but I'm supporting Argentina.

Argentina have the best players but will Diego utilise them? I doubt it. It's such a crime that he did not select Cambiasso. And Milito, the man of the moment is not guaranteed a start. As much as I love Diego, you have to say the guy is fucking bonkers. Too much charlie has mangled his brain.

he's the reason why i dont think argentina will win it. Pity

Aye mate, as Clagan said, this is their best chance since 86 and it looks like Diego will ruin their chances.

They have so many world class players but a diddy manager.
avatar
Green2thecore

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-06-07
Location : Glasgow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  niall on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:14 am

Green2thecore wrote:
niall wrote:
Green2thecore wrote:Spain will win it but I'm supporting Argentina.

Argentina have the best players but will Diego utilise them? I doubt it. It's such a crime that he did not select Cambiasso. And Milito, the man of the moment is not guaranteed a start. As much as I love Diego, you have to say the guy is fucking bonkers. Too much charlie has mangled his brain.

he's the reason why i dont think argentina will win it. Pity

Aye mate, as Clagan said, this is their best chance since 86 and it looks like Diego will ruin their chances.

They have so many world class players but a diddy manager.

not a big fan of cambiasso, think mascherano does the same job better, but i couldnt believe it when he left out zanetti
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  Green2thecore on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:19 am

niall wrote:
Green2thecore wrote:
niall wrote:
Green2thecore wrote:Spain will win it but I'm supporting Argentina.

Argentina have the best players but will Diego utilise them? I doubt it. It's such a crime that he did not select Cambiasso. And Milito, the man of the moment is not guaranteed a start. As much as I love Diego, you have to say the guy is fucking bonkers. Too much charlie has mangled his brain.

he's the reason why i dont think argentina will win it. Pity

Aye mate, as Clagan said, this is their best chance since 86 and it looks like Diego will ruin their chances.

They have so many world class players but a diddy manager.

not a big fan of cambiasso, think mascherano does the same job better, but i couldnt believe it when he left out zanetti

I like Cambiasso and think they could probably fit him and Mascherano in the same side. But it's staggering that he and Zanetti are left out. They would be in any other country's squad.
avatar
Green2thecore

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-06-07
Location : Glasgow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  niall on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:20 am

Green2thecore wrote:
niall wrote:
Green2thecore wrote:
niall wrote:
Green2thecore wrote:Spain will win it but I'm supporting Argentina.

Argentina have the best players but will Diego utilise them? I doubt it. It's such a crime that he did not select Cambiasso. And Milito, the man of the moment is not guaranteed a start. As much as I love Diego, you have to say the guy is fucking bonkers. Too much charlie has mangled his brain.

he's the reason why i dont think argentina will win it. Pity

Aye mate, as Clagan said, this is their best chance since 86 and it looks like Diego will ruin their chances.

They have so many world class players but a diddy manager.

not a big fan of cambiasso, think mascherano does the same job better, but i couldnt believe it when he left out zanetti

I like Cambiasso and think they could probably fit him and Mascherano in the same side. But it's staggering that he and Zanetti are left out. They would be in any other country's squad.

yup, if only ireland, or scotland, had players of that quality
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  clagan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:21 am

its a very close call between Cambiasso and Mascherano, as you say Niall they're the same type of player but there's room for both in the squad, instead of Gago.

on a positive note Engerland are fucking shite! they were gash against Japan and sluggish and wasteful last night against a really poor side. quarter finals at best and i think the Yanks will take a point off them.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  niall on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:26 am

clagan wrote:its a very close call between Cambiasso and Mascherano, as you say Niall they're the same type of player but there's room for both in the squad, instead of Gago.

on a positive note Engerland are fucking shite! they were gash against Japan and sluggish and wasteful last night against a really poor side. quarter finals at best and i think the Yanks will take a point off them.

their QF could prove a problem as theyre due to play france - who to hate more in that game i wonder
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  Green2thecore on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:28 am

clagan wrote:its a very close call between Cambiasso and Mascherano, as you say Niall they're the same type of player but there's room for both in the squad, instead of Gago.

on a positive note Engerland are fucking shite! they were gash against Japan and sluggish and wasteful last night against a really poor side. quarter finals at best and i think the Yanks will take a point off them.

So true about Enguurland, Clagan.

I have never bought into their hype. They have Rooney and that is it, whereas other countries like Spain, Argentina and Brazil have like 5 or 6 world class talents.
avatar
Green2thecore

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-06-07
Location : Glasgow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  clagan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:37 am

always hate england more than anyone.

as you say G2TC with england its all hype mate generated by their own red top rag newspapers, then they get beat and fail miserably at another major tournament, the press get a scapegoat, slaughter him for a while till he redeems himself or some other victim comes along.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  Ryan67 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:43 am

I want Argentina to win it but el Diego is clueless as a manager.

It'll be either Spain or Brazil that win it.
avatar
Ryan67

Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Bo'ness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  ZBhoy on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:27 am

If I had a £10 to go stick on at the bookies, I would put it on Argentina.

As already said, if they don't win, it'll be down to Maradona's incompetency, but he might just pull it out the bag.


Everybody is talking up Spain (both on and off forums) but to be honest I don't think they'll turn it on too much. Need to always watch out for the Germans and the Dutch, and you can never talk down Brazil.

TBH - I though 2006 wasn't a very entertaining or particularly good WC (thought 2002 was much better). Hoping this one is a screamer, I didn't really get too into or engrossed into the 2006 WC, but I'll definitely be trying to get right into this one - already missing the football.
avatar
ZBhoy

Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Glasgow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  ElPaso on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:44 am

im on Argentina on betfair @ 8.4

If mara gets some good cok over in africa , that may go tits up.

milito for top scorer.


ivory coast for an outside punt with lay value at 75/1.
avatar
ElPaso

Posts : 160
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Dundalk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  clagan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:54 am

milito's not even a cert to start el paso. they're bringing 6 forwards, i fancy Van persie for top scorer. banging them in for holland in the warm ups.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  ElPaso on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:00 pm

clagan wrote:milito's not even a cert to start el paso. they're bringing 6 forwards, i fancy Van persie for top scorer. banging them in for holland in the warm ups.

true about milito and who knows what mara will do but im on him at 38.0 because i think if he plays , he'll score his fill
mon milito! Very Happy

van persie is very short at 13.0 . id rather have messi at 12.5 than the rapist at 13.0 affraid

what about torres at 20.0? good price.
avatar
ElPaso

Posts : 160
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Dundalk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  clagan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:18 pm

surprised Van Persie's so short. Torres is that price for a reason mate, just back from injury and wont be 100% fit till he gets a few games under his belt. Fabiano's worth a look, Brazils main man in attack.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  CE on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:39 pm

Got Villa, Brazil, and Brazil vs Argie final on.

Got Argentina in sweepstake, first 4 places paid. Laughing

And Im looking at Robhino, scoring a lot for Brazil and at 40's he is worth a punt.
avatar
CE
Admin

Posts : 96
Join date : 2010-06-07
Location : Glasgow/South Ayrshire

View user profile http://utlr.iowoi.org

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  Green2thecore on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:51 pm

ElPaso wrote:im on Argentina on betfair @ 8.4

If mara gets some good cok over in africa , that may go tits up.

milito for top scorer.


ivory coast for an outside punt with lay value at 75/1.

I didn't know Diego was a sausage jockey, mate!!!! Shock horror. Smile
avatar
Green2thecore

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-06-07
Location : Glasgow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  niall on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:48 am

you heard it here first, Nilmar from brazil top scorer
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  Green2thecore on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:27 am

I cannot believe those odds on Milito. I'm not normally a betting man but I fancy a slice of that.

Surely he is only priced so high because he is not guaranteed a starting slot.

I'd love to see Argentina go 4 3 3, with a front three of Messi, Milito, Di Maria or Tevez.

_________________
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Robert the Bruce, The Declaration of Arbroath. 6th of April, 1320.
avatar
Green2thecore

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-06-07
Location : Glasgow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  niall on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:37 am

cant believe the odds on torres. I know he didnt score in qualifying but still....
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  clagan on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:43 am

Green2thecore wrote:I cannot believe those odds on Milito. I'm not normally a betting man but I fancy a slice of that.

Surely he is only priced so high because he is not guaranteed a starting slot.

I'd love to see Argentina go 4 3 3, with a front three of Messi, Milito, Di Maria or Tevez.

funny you should say that mate Maradona just said there's room for tevez, messi and millito, he must be reading your posts.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Cup

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum